Hand of Horzasha
A downloadable Visual Novel for Windows and macOS
Fates are altered in a hidden village.
When a headstrong knight from the sealed-off human world witnesses the
neglect of an orphaned child, she abandons her former life as an explorer to
protect her newly adopted daughter in life-risking ritual combat in a strange town of monsters. An adventure mystery visual novel coming to Windows and Mac in 2018.
Demo out now!
- Meet the host of monster races that inhabit the enigmatic Randall Village, complete with 35+ different characters and lush, animated backgrounds.
- Document your findings in a robust encyclopedia system as you gather clues and profiles that will help unravel the mysteries of the valley.
- Form and strengthen bonds with the cat-like Meire who rule the town. Create alliances with each family to avoid eviction at the end of each month.
- Explore optional encounters with townsfolk to bolster your standing and learn more about the region.
- Put your life on the line in dangerous ritual confrontations that decide the fates of your neighbors.
- Experience four intriguing chapters and a total of seven different endings.
Diala is the protagonist of this story. She has arrived in the village by accident and is new to this world.
Aurelia is an orphan who appears in Randall Village to play with its children. But the adults, for whatever reason, do not acknowledge her existence.
Hudra is Diala's next-door neighbor. She is a skilled hunter and acrobat, but she is not the most sociable person around.
Yolk is a messenger who works directly under the mayor of Randall Village. It is his job to watch over various refugee villagers, Diala included. He is notoriously mean-spirited.
Nathaniel is one of the village's guards. He lives with the Oodse family and is among the friendliest of all residents in town.
Fielle is the Randall Village librarian. She is reserved, but also knowledgeable about many worldly topics.
Al is the village's south guard. He lives with the Vall family and is not a very trusting fellow. He is, however, revered by the village Meire for his integrity.
Ernst runs the general store and is the only other human in Randall Village besides Diala. He is cold and quiet, but seems to know more than he ever lets on.
Questions for Players
If you played our demo, first of all, thank you! Please take a moment to answer these question in the comments:
1. What did you think of the story? Were you intrigued? Did you want to know more by the end?
2. Which characters stood out to you? Who was your favorite? Least favorite?
3. What did you think of the art? Which elements worked and which ones did not? Why?
4. What did you think of the music? Did it fit the situation? Did you enjoy the compositions?
5. Would you change anything about this game? If so, how would you make it different?
6. Did anything in this demo stand out to you as especially well done? What are you hoping to see in the full version?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Please help us spread this demo by sharing it with your friends!
Story, Art, and Game Design by Shiny Vacation (@ShinyVacation)
Editing and Proofreading by Gwendolyn Hicks (@brells_)
Music and Sound Design by M. Bulteau (@MBulteau) and Miguel Jesus (@AbsentiaDie)
Our list of beta participants is still growing.
Current version: DEMO 1.0
The full version is slated for mid-2018, with 95% of the art done and the writing complete. The music is still in progress. Note that the demo is a blend of scenes from Chapter 1 edited and rearranged for preview purposes.
- Demo Launched!Jul 28, 2017
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.